Amusement Park Accidents
Theme Park & Amusement Park Accident Injury Lawyer in South Florida
The combination of balmy weather and famed them parks like Disney World, Universal Orlando & Busch Gardens make Florida a popular vacation destination and a source of endless possible amusements for locals. Unfortunately, Florida’s wide range of amusement rides, roller coasters, water slides, and other attractions also means risk. While most tourists and local residents depart the theme park or water park at the end of the day tired but happy, sometimes serious injuries do occur. Nationwide, about 30,000 people each year are treated in hospital emergency rooms after amusement park injuries.
Dramatic incidents like the Sand Blaster roller coaster incident on the Daytona Beach Boardwalk that plunged riders more than 30 feet, left others dangling in the air, and sent several people to the hospital in the summer of 2018 attract press attention. Amusement ride injuries occur for many reasons, including:
- Defective amusement ride equipment
- Poorly maintained or improperly assembled rides and attractions
- Negligent operation of the ride
- Operators under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Lack of proper training of ride operators
However, rides aren’t the only danger to park visitors. There are many less colorful and less publicized risks associated with a theme park or other large, crowded attraction. Some examples include:
- Dangerous equipment that may be too close to public areas or left accessible to the public
- Poorly maintained surfaces that can lead to serious slip and fall injuries
- Negligent crowd control, which may lead to trampling and crushing injuries
Attorney David B. Datny understands how traumatic and disorienting it can be to shift in one moment from enjoying a day of family fun in a theme park or water park to serious injury or loss. The Datny Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims of amusement park injuries secure the compensation they need to rebuild.
If you have been injured on an amusement ride, slipped and fallen at the water park, or otherwise suffered a serious injury at a theme, amusement, or water park, your next step should be to learn more about your rights and the compensation that may be available. You can get started right now by calling The Datny Law Firm at 561-221-7474 or contacting us online. We answer the phone 24/7 to ensure that you have access to the help you need, and will arrange for a consultation that works for you, whether that means talking by phone, “meeting” through video conferencing, meeting in our office, or meeting at a location more convenient for you.
Liability For Amusement Park Injuries
Most amusement park injuries result from negligence. However, identifying the responsible party and assembling evidence can be complicated. Some potential complications include:
- The involvement of multiple parties, such as amusement ride manufacturers, owners, and operators
- The complexity of the machinery involved and safety regulations associated with amusement rides
- The difference in treatment of temporary amusement rides (such as those at a week-long street festival or county fair) and permanent rides in fixed locations like those at Disney
These complexities can be daunting and confusing, but there’s no reason to try to untangle them on your own. Florida Amusement Park Accident Injury Attorney David B. Datny has the experience and resources required to thoroughly investigate an amusement park injury case and build the strongest case possible. Schedule your free consultation by clicking on the chat option in the lower right-hand corner of this page or calling 561-221-7474.
Damages in Amusement Park Injury or Wrongful Death Cases
Of course, the compensation available after an amusement ride or theme park injury varies depending on the specifics of the case. The factors impacting compensation include more than just the severity of the injury or the cost of medical care. Some other considerations include:
- The age of the victim
- The victim’s earning capacity prior to the accident
- The quality of the evidence available in the case
- Whether and to what degree the victim shared responsibility for the injury
- The county in which the case will be filed
No personal injury attorney can guarantee an outcome or provide a hard value for your claim. However, an experienced attorney like David B. Datny will draw on past experience and knowledge of similar cases to provide general information about the type and level of compensation you may be entitled to.
Get Help as Soon as Possible after an Amusement Park Injury
The sooner you seek counsel from an experienced amusement park injury attorney, the better opportunity your lawyer will have to build a strong case on your behalf. Although Florida law allows four years to file most injury-related claims, working with a qualified advocate from the beginning offers many advantages, including:
- The guidance you need to avoid insurance company pitfalls and other missteps that could harm your case
- The opportunity to gather physical evidence before equipment is repaired, replaced, or destroyed
- The opportunity to gather information from witnesses while they are readily available and their memories are fresh
- The ability to pass off management of your claim to a professional and focus on your recovery
There’s no reason to delay. Call 561-221-7474 right now.