David B. Datny, Esq.
Florida Personal Injury Lawyer
David B. Datny, Esq. is a Top Rated Personal Injury Lawyer and Car Accident Attorney at The Datny Law Firm in Boca Raton, Wellington, and Winter Park Florida. He has been practicing law for over 12 years and is committed to helping accident victims throughout the State of Florida obtain financial justice for their injuries.
Prior to founding The Datny Law Firm, Mr. Datny served as a litigation partner in a large national law firm in New York City defending insurance companies, large corporations and risk managers in tort claims ranging from car and truck accidents to premises liability claims to construction accidents. He has litigated hundreds of cases in State and Federal Court and he has been involved in many personal injury trials. In 2016, after years of defending insurance companies, Mr. Datny rededicated his practice to helping accident victims recover physically and financially for their injuries. Mr. Datny now uses his insider experience with insurance companies to benefit his clients. His first-hand understanding and knowledge of how defense law firms and insurance companies operate, as well as how claims are evaluated and reserved, enables him to intelligently navigate personal injury claims to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients. In this regard, Mr. Datny’s background and method of handling claims is very unique and differentiates him from his personal injury colleagues most of whom have no intimate knowledge of how insurance companies work or their internal claims processes.
Mr. Datny founded The Datny Law Firm as a way to use his knowledge of the insurance industry to even the playing field and help injured clients timely and fully recover for their accidents. The Datny Law Firm is also a direct response to those high volume personal injury law firms where a standardized approach is used for every client and every claim, which often undermines the unique strengths or aggravating factors of a particular case. Mr. Datny carefully examines the details of each and every case to create a personalized legal strategy that is right for each client. Unlike those high volume practices where clients are often treated as merely case numbers, and have no access to their attorney, Mr. Datny is dedicated to getting to know his clients thoroughly and being personally available to them at all times to guide them through the complicated legal process. Each client has his cell phone number and Mr. Datny is available to speak or text with them immediately after an accident and throughout their case as necessary. This may not sound unique, but in an industry where many injury clients never meet their attorney, and deal only with assistants and paralegals, it is a differentiating factor we are proud of.
- J.D. (Litigation), Nova Southeastern University Law School
- B.S.B.A. (Finance), Boston University, School of Management
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
United States District Courts: Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- New York
United States District Courts: Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Florida Bar
Publications & Presentations
- David B. Datny, Esq., et. al., Avatar in the Courtroom: Is 3D Technology Ready for Primetime?, 63 Fed’n Def. & Corp. Couns. 295, 295-317, 2013.
- ETHICS – The Cumis Conundrum, The CLM Annual Conference, 2015.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2020
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016: The selection of Rising Stars® is made by an attorney-led research team that independently reviews the credentials of potential candidates and assigns points based on a set of evaluation criteria. Practicing lawyers are asked to nominate “attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.” Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
- Lawyers of Distinction (2019-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion (2018-2019)
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 10 Best – Attorney Client Satisfaction (2018-2019)
- Justia Lawyer “10.0” Rating (2018-Present)
- Lead Counsel Rated, Personal Injury (2018-Present)
- Dean’s List – Nova Southeastern Univ. Law School, 2006-2007.
- Book Award – Remedies, Nova Southeastern Univ. Law School, 2006.
- Book Award – Probate, Nova Southeastern Univ. Law School, 2006.