Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer
The Datny Law Firm, Serving Car Accident Victims in Boca Raton
Florida roads are among the most dangerous as car accidents are recorded in hundreds of thousands every year. In the event of a crash, parties involved are left with a lot to deal with—personal injuries, insurance claims, and the stress that comes with a car accident. In some cases, victims may be out of work for a long time as they recover from the injuries suffered in a crash.
Most Boca Raton car accident victims find it difficult to handle claims due to the complex field of insurance claims and settlements. Working with a qualified and experienced car accident attorney can help such victims receive restitution for their losses and focus on full recovery.
At The Datny Law Firm, we understand that the events following a Boca Raton car accident can be overwhelming, including the paperwork associated with a related claim. We are dedicated to providing injured clients top-tier legal representation throughout the claim process and will help you get the medical attention you need and the financial justice you deserve. If you have been injured in a crash due to another driver’s negligence, you need a Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney like David B. Datny. Call 561-221-7474 for a FREE case evaluation.
Car Accident Statistics in Boca Raton
Reports by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) indicate that there were over 400,000 car crashes throughout Florida in 2019. According to the Boca Raton police department accident reports, there were six fatal accidents with seven fatalities recorded. Fatal crashes in that year involved 12 vehicles and 17 people. These numbers confirm how dangerous our local roads are and that you are likely to be involved in a car accident and need a skilled Boca Raton Personal Injury Attorney on your side like David B. Datny on your side.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Boca Raton
Right after a car accident, it is normal to experience escalated stress levels and have many thoughts crossing your mind. Even in such circumstances, what you say or do can affect the outcome of your car accident case. Here are some tips of what to do immediately after a car accident:
- Stay at the accident scene until it is appropriate to leave. This is the best way to protect your right to receive compensation in a car accident claim as well as avoid facing criminal charges, especially if someone has been killed, seriously injured or there has been extensive property damage.
- Check on the other drivers and passengers. If you’re not in pain, check whether any of the car accident victims is badly injured and call for emergency services.
- Call 911 to request assistance from medical care providers and the police. It is important that the police be at the accident scene so that they write an accident report. A copy of the police report is important as it helps expedite your claim process with an insurance carrier.
- Obtain essential information at the scene. Specifically, take clear pictures of the scene, capturing the vehicles involved. If you have suffered injuries, take pictures of the injuries and the damage to your vehicle. If your vehicle is equipped with a dashcam, ensure that you secure it.
- Exchange relevant information with all the parties involved in the accident. Such information includes names, cellphone numbers, addresses, license plate numbers, driver’s license numbers, and insurance policy numbers. If there were witnesses at the scene, it is also important you get their contact information.
- Call a Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer near you like David B. Datny. Before you can talk to your insurance carrier, it is important that you talk to a car accident attorney. A lawyer will advise you on what to do and how best you can protect your rights to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses.
- Call your insurance carrier to report the car accident. Informing your insurer about the accident helps you get started with your claim as soon as possible and also find out how coverage applies.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you feel okay after an auto accident in Boca Raton, it is important that you get checked by a doctor. A medical report ascertains that any injuries suffered have indeed been caused by the accident, thereby protecting your right to receive compensation.
Determining Fault in a Boca Raton Car Accident
Car accident claims can get complicated, especially when it comes to proving liability. It is for this reason that victims are advised to seek legal assistance from a competent and experienced attorney. To determine the at-fault party in a car accident claim, the plaintiff must prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. The plaintiff has to show that the defendant owed them a duty of care.
- Breach. The plaintiff must also show that the defendant breached their duty of care by committing or omitting an act, and that another reasonable party would have acted appropriately in the same situation.
- Damage: It must also be established that the breach of duty of care directly resulted in the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Causation: The plaintiff must also show that the injuries sustained were as a result of the defendant’s actions and no other cause.
A skilled personal injury lawyer could make all the difference in your claim by proving that the defendant was at fault for the accident.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Boca Raton
Traffic accidents are common and almost inevitable. Most of these accidents result from a driver’s negligence. However, the main causes of car crashes in Boca Raton include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Road hazards like animals and large potholes
- Poor weather conditions
- Mechanical issues leading to rollovers
Damages Recoverable in a Boca Raton Car Accident Claim
If you have been involved in a car accident in Boca Raton, there are various damages you can recover by filing a claim. Particularly, accident victims can be awarded economic, non-economic, and in rare cases, punitive damages. Economic damages are awarded to compensate victims for monetary losses. Such damages include:
- Present and future medical costs, including prescriptions, hospital stays, and surgery costs.
- Vocational rehabilitation costs
- Present and future lost wages
- In-house nursing care costs
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate for losses whose monetary value can’t be calculated easily. Such damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of companionship
In some cases, a jury may find it fit to award punitive damages if the actions of the at-fault driver amount to gross negligence or wanton misconduct. Important to note is that these damages are not awarded to compensate the accident victims for losses, but rather to punish the at-fault party for their negligence.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton
Regardless of how careful you drive on Boca Raton roads; you are still likely to be involved in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver. Talking to an experienced Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney right after a crash ensures that insurance carriers and other parties don’t take away your right to recover damages. At The Datny Law Firm, our priority is to ensure that you receive medical attention after an accident and maximum compensation for your losses. Call us today at 561-221-7474 to speak directly to an attorney about your case and to learn about your rights after a car accident.