Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Attorney
The Datny Law Firm, Serving Car Accident Victims in Royal Palm Beach
Royal Palm Beach is a small village in Palm Beach County, Florida that boarders Wellington, Loxahatchee, Lake Worth and West Palm Beach. Royal Palm Beach is known for its many parks, outdoor sports activities, youth and senior programs, year-round golf and A- rated schools. Because of this, Royal Palm Beach has become a very popular place to live, work, retire and vacation, which has resulted in the addition or expansion of the local roads and highways. Unfortunately, the increased population and vehicle traffic in Royal Palm Beach has also resulted in a greater potential for car accidents.
An unexpected car accident resulting in injuries, whether severe or modest, can be devastating to your life physically, emotionally, personally, and financially. Accident related injuries are not only painful, but they often disrupt your life by preventing you from working, going to school or doing other activities of daily living. Inability to work following a car crash can result in termination from your job and lost wages as well as lost health insurance benefits. While everyone is required to have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) on their automobile policy, this only covers up to $10,000.00 in medical bills and accident related treatment often exceeds this amount especially if hospital care was required. Without PIP benefits remaining, health insurance or financial means to treat, many car accident victims feel helpless.
The Datny Law Firm finds it unacceptable for injured clients to feel helpless or without options after a Royal Palm Beach car accident caused by the negligence of another driver. When an automobile accident happens, The Datny Law Firm fights to ensure the injured victim gets the medical treatment he/she needs and the financial compensation he/she deserves. Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer David B. Datny will handle your case, the insurance companies and defense lawyers while you focus on treatment and obtaining the best possible medical recovery. We have helped countless victims throughout Palm Beach County and are available for a FREE consultation at 561-221-7474.
Car Accidents In Florida & Palm Beach County
Car accidents are among the leading causes of injury in Florida. In 2019, the last full calendar year for which statistics are available, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported over 400,000 crashes statewide with more than 250,000 of those involving injury. There were over 160,000 injuries from car accidents alone in the State of Florida in 2019. Prior to year-end, the crash statistics for 2020 show more than 90,000 car accidents involving injury.
The 2019 Crash Statistics For Palm Beach County Are:
- 26,749 total crashes (car, bike, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian)
- 177 fatalities from all crashes with 166 being solely from car crashes
- 16,747 injuries from all crashes
- 11,078 car accident related injuries
The 2020 Crash Statistics For Palm Beach County (1-1-20 to 9-15-20) Are:
- 14,547 total crashes (car, bike, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian)
- 125 fatalities from all crashes with 119 being solely from car crashes
- 8,436 injuries from all crashes
- 5,674 car accident related injuries
The crash statistics for 2019-2020 confirm what the people who live and work in Royal Palm Beach already know. That is, our local roads and highways are dangerous and extreme care and caution should be exercised when operating a vehicle in Palm Beach County.
Based on the frequency of car accidents with injury in Palm Beach County per the crash statistics above, it is a very real likelihood that at some point in time you will need a Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer like David B. Datny.
What Caused Your Royal Palm Beach Car Accident?
Only those car accidents caused by the fault or negligence of another driver are compensable. For this reason, how and why your car accident happened is an extremely important fact. When you hire The Datny Law Firm, the first thing we do is investigate the cause or causes of your car accident so we may identify and hold all potential parties responsible. There are many potential causes of car accidents in Royal Palm Beach, too many to list herein, but some of the most common types of driver negligence are below:
- Drunk or Drugged Driving: At this time, it is well known that drunk driving is dangerous and potentially deadly. Unfortunately, this does not stop people in Royal Palm Beach from driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In 2018, there were 323 alcohol confirmed crashes with 15 deaths and 169 involving injury. For this same time, there were 45 drug confirmed crashes with 5 fatalities and 27 involving injury. A drunk or drugged driver is serious public safety risk to anyone on the roadway. Car crashes involving drunk or drugged drivers tend to be more severe than a normal fender bender. They are also more complicated and require a skilled and experienced attorney.
- Distracted Driving: The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration reported 9 percent of all fatal crashes in 2017 were due to distraction. There are three types of driving distractions per the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles including (1) visual, which happens any time you take your eyes off the road, e.g., to check on children in the back seat; (2) manual, which happens any time you take your hands off the wheel, e.g., to change the radio, adjust your GPS or text; and (3) cognitive, which happens any time you think about something other than driving. However, not surprisingly, the most dangerous and deadly type of driver distraction involves the cell phone and texting while driving. In May of 2019, Gov DeSantis signed a bill into a law making Texting and Driving is a PRIMARY offense in Florida, which means, in substance, a driver can be pulled over simply for texting and driving regardless of if he or she had committed any other violation. If you have been hurt by a texting driver, time is of the essence. Contact this office immediately so important evidence can be preserved as punitive damages may be available to punish the at fault driver for violating the hands free driving law.
- Traffic Violations are the most common and frequent cause of car accidents in Royal Palm Beach and throughout Florida. Some of the most typical traffic infractions that result in motor vehicle collisions include: speeding, tailgating, disregard of a traffic signal, running a red light, ignoring a stop sign, failing to yield, failing to maintain a single lane, weaving between lanes, improper turning
- Bad Weather Road Conditions increase driving hazards especially during “rainy season” and can result in unnecessary car accidents in Royal Palm Beach. Bad weather including rain, thunder and lightening can decrease visibility, increase the risk of hydroplaning on wet roads, increase the likelihood of vehicle malfunction and require increased stopping time and distance between vehicles to prevent rear-end collisions. Best practices for operating a vehicle during bad weather include driving with your lights and wipers on, but your hazards off. Unfortunately, not everyone practices safe driving during storms resulting in unnecessary accidents. The Datny Law Firm has extensive experience helping injured clients in Royal Palm Beach recover for injuries caused by car crashes during storms and bad weather road conditions.
Other Types of Royal Palm Beach Car Accidents
- Rear End Collisions: When the vehicle behind you is travelling too fast or too close, it often results in a rear-end accident. The vehicle behind you is supposed to leave enough distance to safely stop even if the front vehicle unexpectedly slows or suddenly stops. There is a presumption of negligence for the rear vehicle in this type of collision.
- T-Bone Accidents occur when a vehicle is hit on the side and is often caused by a negligent driver that ran a stop sign or red light. They also frequently happen when a driver tries to speed through a yellow light or makes an improper turn without the proper signal (e.g., green light v. green arrow) or when it was not safe to do so.
- Rollover Accidents are rarely insignificant and usually involve serious and life- threatening injuries. In fact, statistics from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reveal a total of 6,583 passenger vehicle occupants died in rollover crashes in 2018. One of the major challenges in prosecuting a Royal Palm Beach rollover car accident is establishing it was due to the other vehicle’s fault. Insurance companies and defense lawyers like to blame the rollover on the victim and argue it was due to their own behavior, vehicle type, prevailing road conditions or other environmental factors. Do not let them take advantage of you. Seek a skilled and experienced Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer to help you.
Frequent Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Injuries
- Spinal Cord Trauma
- Herniated Discs
- Bulging Discs
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Broken Bones
- Ligament Tears
- Knee/Shoulder Injuries
Damages Available For Royal Palm Beach Automobile Accidents
Under Florida Law, every owner of a vehicle is required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) coverage of at least $10,000. See Florida Statute § 627.737(2). However, this amount is often not sufficient to fully cover a victims with serious injuries’ medical expenses, It also does not cover future medical expenses, future lost wages or pain and suffering. In these cases, a car accident victim may pursue a personal injury claim against the negligent driver. There are different types of damages available to a car accident victim in Royal Palm Beach including:
- Past/future medical expenses;
- Past/future lost wages;
- Diminished earnings capacity;
- Pain and suffering.
There may be other damages available to you following your car accident cases. Evaluating damages is a fact intensive analysis that is done on a case by case basis. To learn more about what damages you are entitled to after your car accident in Royal Palm Beach, call 561-221-7474 for a FREE consultation with our attorney.
The Most Dangerous Roads & Intersections in Palm Beach County
The roads and highways in Royal Palm Beach and throughout Palm Beach County are congested and service a high volume of daily travelers. Not surprisingly, Palm Beach County had the 5th most accidents in the State of Florida in 2017 behind Miami-Dade, Broward, Orange and Hillsborough counties.
Within Palm Beach County, and the area in and surrounding Royal Palm Beach, the most dangerous roads and intersections are listed below. We recommend paying extra care and attention while driving these roads.
- Okeechobee Boulevard and Military Trail in West Palm Beach
- Atlantic Avenue at South Military Trail in Delray Beach
- Southern Boulevard at State Road 7 in Royal Palm Beach
- South Jog Road and Lake Worth Road in Greenacres
- North Congress Ave and 45th Street in West Palm Beach
- West Atlantic at Congress Avenue in Delray Beach
- South Jog Road and Forest Hill Boulevard in Greenacres
- South Military Trail at Forest Hill Boulevard in West Palm Beach
If you get into an accident on any of these roads, intersections or elsewhere, contact The Datny Law Firm immediately at 561-221-7474 to ensure your rights are protected.
What Client’s Say About Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer
“David is a tireless advocate for his clients and gets them the best results through force of will and relentless advocacy”
– Eileen B
The Datny Law Firm has a 5/5 Rating on Google. To read more of our reviews on Google, click here.
Contact A Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer To Discuss Your Injury Claim
Royal Palm Beach Car Accident Attorney David B. Datny has been practicing law for over 12 years. He has extensive experience representing car accident victims in Palm Beach County and throughout the State of Florida. He previously represented insurance companies and commercial entities in tort litigation. He now uses his insider knowledge of insurance companies and defense law firm to your advantage. Each case is handled by Mr. Datny who you will have direct and personal contact with during your case.
To schedule a FREE consultation with The Datny Law Firm, call 561-221-7474 or complete our contact form. We are available to meet via appointment at our Wellington Office at The Lake Wellington Professional Center, 12161 Ken Adams Way, Suite 110-DD, Wellington, FL 33414 or anywhere that is convenient for you. We will gladly come to you or meet virtually via Skype, Face Time or Zoom.