Florida Costco Injury Lawyer
Costco Accident Attorney David B. Datny and The Datny Law Firm in Boca Raton & Wellington proudly represents Clients injured at Costco stores throughout the State of Florida. One of the reasons people love Costco is because it stocks nearly anything you may need in bulk at discounted prices. They have everything from groceries and liquor to consumer electronics and computers to gasoline, clothing and books. The products are stored on the floor, in the aisles, on oversized shelves several stories high, large pallets and elsewhere creating a potentially hazardous environment for customers and workers. This has resulted in all sorts of accidents with injuries ranging from slip and falls on debris, trip and falls due to parking lot defects, head injuries from falling objects, lacerations from broken shelving and other incidents caused by careless employees.
If you have been injured at any of the nearly 30 Florida based Costco warehouse stores, The Datny Law Firm can help get you the medical attention you need and the financial justice you deserve for your medical expenses (past/future), lost earnings (past/future), pain and suffering. Costco has a team of insurance adjusters, risk managers and defense lawyers who actively work from day one to deny, minimize or reduce your injury claim. Don’t go it alone or let them take advantage of you. Florida Costco Injury Lawyer David B. Datny has extensive experience prosecuting claims against large corporations like Costco and he will fight to maximize your recovery. Call 561-221-7474 any time for a FREE consultation with Attorney David Datny.
Causes of Costco Accidents
There are many different potential causes of accidents at Costco given the unique character of the store which sells groceries, liquor, electronics, computers, clothing, books, furniture and more. Any one of these departments could be a unique stand-alone store. Costco has all of them under one roof along with the risks of the same, which makes safeguarding it as well as customers and employees even more challenging. Like any supermarket store, Costco shoppers are at risk of slipping and falling on dripping substances from shopping carts, leaking water from refrigeration units, smashed food from sample servers. Because Costco is a large warehouse with merchandise stacked 30 feet high, accidents can also happen there as they do at any big box store including from improperly secured stock falling onto customers, lacerations due to broken shelving units, collision with careless employees operating equipment. Some of the most common causes of Costco Accidents are listed below. The list is by no means all-inclusive so if you have been injured in any way at Costco, contact The Datny Law Firm for a FREE consultation.
- Slip and fall injuries in Costco due to wet/slick floors, smashed fallen food, leaking refrigeration or freezer equipment as well as spilt oil or gasoline at Costco’s Gas Station.
- Trip and fall injuries in Costco due to debris and other substances on the floor, i.e., garbage, discarded boxes, fallen product, obstructed aisles, carelessly placed pallets, etc. Falls and other accidents also can occur on the exterior of Costco due to poor lighting, uneven sidewalks or parking lot potholes.
- Obstructed aisles or improperly placed display units can be accident causing obstacles for customers or employees.
- Food poisoning from old, expired or inadequately refrigerated food product, unsanitary food preparation, sampling or in the Costco Food Court.
- Medication errors at the Costco Pharmacy including dispensing of wrong medication, incorrect instructions or improper dosages.
- Defective products sold at Costco including ladders, lawn mowers, furniture, power tools, etc.
- Forklift accidents at Costco due to employee operating error, e.g., customer ran over by machine.
- Shopping cart accidents at Costco due to broken or improperly maintained tires or wheels.
Common Injuries From Costco Accidents
Injury in a Costco can range from cuts and bruises, tears and fractures to more serious injuries such as paralysis or death. Due to the various types of hazards present at Costco, the following injuries are possible:
- Fractures and Broken Bones (e.g., Broken Wrist or Ankle)
- Tears (e.g., Knee Tear)
- Lacerations, Cuts and Bruises
- Spinal Injuries (Bulging or Herniated Discs)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (“TBI”)
- Paralysis and other Disabling Conditions
- Loss of Limbs
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available For My Injuries From A Costco Accident?
We understand treatment is often not sought or is delayed due to inability to pay large medical bills, lack of health insurance or funds necessary to satisfy high deductibles or coinsurance. Medical treatment is very expensive if you don’t have health insurance or don’t have the money to cover your medical bills. Severe injuries with a longer convalescence can bankrupt a family. However, Costco Accident Lawyer David B. Datny will help you get the medical attention you need and seek compensation from Costco for your treatment needs, lost earnings, out of pocket expenses. Costco, and not you, should be responsible for your damages including:
- Ambulance bills;
- Hospital and Emergency room charges;
- Past and future treatment expenses, including chiropractic, physical therapy, x-rays, MRIs, medication, physician consultations and examination with other doctors and specialists.
- Surgery and other out patient procedures such as pain management injections.
- Lost wages, including past and future wages as well as future earning capacity
- Durable medical equipment expenses including braces, wheelchairs, crutches and other costs for home improvements such as wheelchair ramps, bathroom and shower safety bars.
- Pain and suffering
Contact Florida Costco Accident Injury Attorney David B. Datny, Esq.
Without an experienced personal injury lawyer, you will not be able to receive the compensation you need and deserve after an accident at Costco. The faster you find one, the better, or you could lose valuable information. A skilled and experienced attorney like Boca Raton and Florida Costco Attorney David B. Datny will investigate your claim, find and preserve evidence and have everything needed to build your case while you focus on getting healthy. We represent Costco accident clients in Boca Raton and throughout the State of Florida. We can be reached 24/7 at 561-221-7474. You will speak directly with an attorney—not an assistant or answering service. Consultations are FREE and we have remote capabilities to work with Clients regardless of where they reside.
The Datny Law Firm represents Costco Accident Victims throughout Florida. There are approximately 28 different Costco stores in Florida. Costco Accident Lawyer David B. Datny will proudly represent you regardless of which store your accident, incident or injury occurred including, but not limited to, the following locations: Altamonte Springs; Boca Raton; Brandon; Clearwater; Davie; Estero; Fort Myers; Jacksonville; Kendall; Lantana; Lutz; Miami; Naples; North Miami; Orlando; Palm Beach Gardens; Pembroke Pines; Pompano Beach; Royal Palm Beach; Sarasota; Tallahassee; Tampa; and Winter Park.